Goodbye, My Great Father!

This post is not related to webminal project. Just a personal space on this vast internet. Feel free to skip.

My father, K. Ganapathi, my source of inspiration, passed away on October 25, 2023, following a battle with pneumonia. He appeared perfectly well until Monday, October 23rd, but within two days, he left us. :cry::cry::cry:

I’m not expressing this sentiment solely because he’s my father. He was one of the most humble, honest, and kind-hearted individuals you could ever encounter in your lifetime. I’m in my early 40s, and in our culture, it’s customary to live with our parents even after marriage. Throughout all these years, he never once scolded or reacted angrily, which is truly remarkable. Despite never attending college or earning any degrees, my father was one of the most hardworking people I’ve ever known. And this sentiment isn’t unique to me; anyone who knew him would attest to it.

He was an honest man, born into a poverty-stricken family, who lost his beloved mother at the tender age of 14 and began his life without any external support. He started out as a cement bag porter, then became a canteen server, and eventually worked as a canteen biller before making it to the company’s payroll team, solely on the basis of his relentless hard work. He was a man without ego, a soft-spoken and kind-hearted soul, someone devoid of anger, never once scolding or shouting at his children. He was always ready to lend a helping hand to others, and he dedicated more than 15 years of his life, working 16-hour days. He laid the foundation for a brighter future for his subsequent generations, never telling a lie, never causing harm to anyone, and cherishing the little things in life.

If you wish to visualize the portrait of such a man, here it is:
appa

I’ll update this post from time to time, with some random events or incidents.

Sometime in 2011, One of my friend called me and asked for some money for his brother’s hospital expense. I didn’t have that amount and inquired my father whether he has the amount. He didn’t have money too but went to near by bank and got a jewel loan and gave that amount to me. My father didn’t even know my friend at all, and he was always already to help - that’s his greatness.

Later found-out that friend cheated the money and its a fake hospital story, anyway that’s irrelevant here.